January 29, 2020
Yeah, we know, remembering your Reusable Bags is hard! But bringing your reusable bags is important for our future.
There is so many benefits to bringing your reusable bags when you shop at Lake Country Co-op. Here are a few:
- Save Money. Save money, one nickel at at time when you bring your reusable bags! Lake Country Co-op started to charge 5 cents for single-use plastic bags in October 2019. So, if you remember your bags, you are keeping money in your pocket, and who doesn't like that!
- Save Resources. Plastic bags are non-biodegradable, use crude oil and natural gas to manufacture, and require even more fossil fuels to ship. By bringing your reusable bags, you are minimizing the use of non-renewable resources that are necessary to produce these bags!
- De-clutter Your House and Save Space. Let's face it, plastic bags are UGLY! They take up room in your house, making your cabinets, closets and counters messy-looking! Put it this way, if you were to take home 5 plastic bags every week for a year, that's 260 plastic bags that wind up in your house! However, if you bring your reusable bags, you can neatly fold them up, store them away, and be done with plastic!
- Durability and Reliability. Picture this: you pack your groceries in a plastic bag. You don't want to use too many (it's 5 cents a bag and we would much rather get coffee with that money) so you try and pack your plastic bag full. Once you are heading out to your car, you look down only to see that you plastic bag has ripped and all of your groceries are on the road! See, this would not happen with your reusable bags. You can pack them full and feel confident that you will get your groceries home safe and sound!
- Peace of Mind. Bringing your reusable bags makes you FEEL GOOD knowing that you are not contributing to the estimated 500 billion to 1 trillion plastic bags that are ending up in oceans, soils, animals, and rivers. So if you want to do something for our earth, our future, and our wildlife, bring your reusable bags!