Lake Country Co-op invites applications for the position of Building Materials Team Leader to join our team at our Home Centre located in Nipawin, Saskatchewan.
Lake Country Co-op has been proudly serving our members and our 18 communities for 80 years! We are a very diverse and dynamic Co-operative with retail commodities that include Food, Lumber Fuel and C-Stores, Hardware, Agro, Fertilizer, Bulk Petroleum, Feed, and Wine, Spirits and Beer.
Reporting to the Home and Building Solutions Team Leader, the Building Materials Team Leader is responsible for the strategic direction and leadership of the overall operations of the department including instore sales, lumber yard sales, flooring and cabinetry sales along with estimating and selling small scale and large scale projects such as decks, garage packages, renovations, new home builds, and agricultural and commercial shops and sheds.
The Building Materials Manager must effectively and efficiently manage the development and direction of the operational team to drive the growth of revenue and productivity, and promote high quality guest satisfaction while building relationships and ensuring the integration of strategic plans with company operations.
What you’ll do:
• Lead a highly engaged team to new heights
• Promote operational controls and leadership in all areas of the department
• Provide prompt, personalized, Legendary Service to all of our members and guests both instore and for project quotes
• Be responsible for ordering, receiving, pricing and merchandising of inventory
• Be responsible for semi-annual inventory counts
• Oversee the vehicle and equipment fleet, including repairs and maintenance, licensing, training, and maintaining safety records; make recommendations for additions and changes
• Maintain a safe, clean and organized department
• Ensure that all members and guest are completely satisfied with their instore experience and with their project management experience
• Manage a contractor client base within the marketing area to ensure financial and operating targets are met and or exceeded while maintaining a balance with customer needs and guest service objectives
• Establish, maintain and conduct ongoing analysis of customer profiles in order to act upon trends, market requirements and potential business opportunities
• Lead the team to ensure engagement of team members, including meeting all Talent Management and Corporate Performance Management deadlines
• Become an expert in the POS systems and financial statement understanding and interpretation
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Home and Building Products and:
• You have previous Home Centre and Project Estimating Experience
• You have a Post-secondary education (Diploma or degree) and CRS experience would be considered an asset
• You possess an ability to lift, load and carry; extensive physical labour is required
• You’re able to work unsupervised, plan and organize your own work and the work of others
• You’re honest and trustworthy, are results-oriented and strive to be the best in what you do
• You believe in building relationships and collaborating to deliver solutions that matter most, and you recognize the value that different perspectives bring to meet shared objectives
• You are proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email and have the ability to manage computer files and records efficiently
• You have strong analytical and problem solving skills, are an effective planner, and have superb time management skills
• Proven abilities in the following competencies is considered an asset: Ensures Accountability, Drives Engagement, Plans and Aligns, Builds Effective Teams
• You are flexible to work a variety of shifts including a weekend and holiday rotation
• You are willing to travel for short periods of time to attend training events and buying shows
• Minimum Class 5 Driver’s License is required
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries and we encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
If this opportunity speaks to you please apply with resume or attached application or contact us by September 25th, 2020
Phone: 306-862-4668 | Fax: 306-862-2171
We thank all interested applicants however only those selected to continue in our hiring process will be contacted.