Lake Country Co-op has been proudly serving our members and our 16 communities for 80 years! We are a very diverse and dynamic Co-operative with retail commodities that include Food, Lumber Fuel and C-Stores, Hardware, Agro, Fertilizer, Bulk Petroleum, Feed, and Wine, Spirits and Beer.
Lake Country Co-operative Association Ltd. invites applications for the position of Estimator to join our Home and Building Solutions division located in Shellbrook, Saskatchewan.
Lake Country Co-op is looking for an individual who will demonstrate effective team leadership skills and the ability to work well within multi-generational teams. Applicants should be creative, self-reliant, goal orientated, and have the ability to set and adjust priorities and schedule.
Reporting to the Director, Home and Building Solutions, responsibilities for this position include the following:
1. To provide accurate and timely estimates/takeoffs on projects for internal sales teams of all Lake Country Home Centres.
2. To consistently work within a 5% accuracy tolerance based on information provided.
3. To follow current building practices and codes in preparation of estimates.
4. To achieve and maintain a high level of product knowledge and products handled by branches.
5. To develop a strong and positive working relationship with all internal and external customers.
6. To come to work with a positive, professional approach and attitude.
7. To be dependable for all scheduled shifts.
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills
• Strong building materials and construction knowledge relating to both residential and commercial
• Requires blueprint reading and interpretation skills
• Requires knowledge of computer estimating software or similar system
• Strong attention to detail and ability to remain calm under pressure
• Ability to work unsupervised
• Valid class 5 drivers license – some travel may be required
Lake Country Co-op provides competitive wages and offer attractive benefits including flexible schedules, dental, extended health, long term disability, group life insurance, employer matched pension programs, recognition programs, advancement opportunities, learning and development and a positive, supportive work environment.
This position will remain open until suitable candidate is found. Please submit your cover letter and resume with salary expectations in confidence to:
Human Resources Advisor
Lake Country Co-op
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected to continue in the selection process will be contacted.