Lake Country Co-op invites applications for the position of Director, Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) to join our team in our Administration Office located in Prince Albert, SK.
The Director, Health, Safety and Environment is responsible for overseeing the organization and administration of the Health, Safety and Environmental Management programs for Lake Country Co-op and ensuring our compliance with Federal, Provincial and local regulations along with all company policies and procedures.
Reporting to the VP, Team Member Experience, responsibilities for this position include the following:
• Lead with the development, implementation, and maintenance of an HSE management system
• Perform regulatory and best practice-driven hazard/risk assessments and develop action plans to drive improvement
• Develop and present site-specific training programs to stakeholders at all levels of the organization
• Conduct internal site audits, develop reports and maintain records
• Support external audits and progression of corrective action compliance
• Lead the development of standardized safety systems, policies, training, safety campaigns and programs to prevent injury and ensure compliance with Federal, Provincial and local laws
• Lead a HSE team which will have duties and responsibilities across business units throughout the Association
• Design safety methods to motivate and influence the creation of a world-class safety culture including a health and safety rewards program
• Implement standardized, actionable safety metrics and communication protocol to leadership teams to drive safety improvement
• Maintain awareness of potential pending and current legislation that may impact safety standards, programs and initiatives
• Actively drive performance and urgently strive to strategically solve problems and follow projects through to completion, in accordance with organizational strategy
• Monitor and communicate regulatory changes to the organization, recommending changes to result in compliance and provide technical support when needed
• Ensure accident prevention/abatement through detailed injury and accident reporting, loss analysis & trending and investigation compliance
• Work with Provincial regulatory officials to resolve any compliance or practice violations
• Provide support to customers by ensuring contractor safety, and conducting on-site job hazard assessments
Candidates must possess an Environmental Health & Safety Administration Certificate (EHS) Certification and 6+ years of experience in Health, Safety and Environment program administration. This role requires knowledge of Federal, Provincial and local Legislation. Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), or Associate Safety Professional (ASP) designations would be considered an asset.
• Strong knowledge of applicable Environmental, Health and Safety regulatory requirements
• Knowledge of principles and practices of business management including: supervision; assigning, evaluating, and modifying work functions; content and formatting of reports and presentations
• Ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
• Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing
• High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook with ability to adapt to new technology
• Ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment
• Positive attitude with a willingness to learn
• Co-operative Retailing System (CRS) experience would be an asset
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and an employer-contributed pension plan. Relocation support is available. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
At Lake Country Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
If you are interested in this opportunity, you are invited to send an updated resume and cover letter by November 20, 2020 to email@example.com.