Lake Country Co-op is hiring a Full Time Lumber Desk Clerk at our Home Centre location in Nipawin, SK.
Lake Country Co-op has been proudly serving our members and our 18 communities for 80 years! We are a very diverse and dynamic Co-operative with retail commodities that include Food, Lumber Fuel and C-Stores, Hardware, Agro, Fertilizer, Bulk Petroleum, Feed, and Wine, Spirits and Beer.
What you’ll do:
• Demonstrate day to day behaviours and actions that align with and strengthen our Co-operative’s vision, mission, values, brand and focus on safety
• Provide outstanding guest service at the lumber desk and on the telephone
• Assist guests with item selection and make recommendations based on an inquiring approach
• Estimate and provide quotations for building projects
• Perform receiving of merchandise, stocking shelves, operating point of sale systems, merchandising, pricing, displaying, selling, conducting inventory counts and inventory control procedures all while completing required paperwork based on department standards
• Maintain cleanliness, rotation and order of merchandise in the store areas and load products into customers vehicles as assigned
• Follow company policies and procedures related to complaints and warranty
• Practice and maintain safe procedures for the handling and stocking of merchandise
• Perform other duties as assigned
Why it matters:
Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Customer Service and:
• You have a grade 12 or equivalent experience; customer service experience is an asset
• You have experience and knowledge in the building materials industry; estimating and construction experience is an asset
• You’re well organized, capable of attaining a high level of production, with a minimum of supervision
• You’re honest and trustworthy, are results-oriented and strive to be the best in what you do
• You believe in building relationships and collaborating to deliver solutions that matter most, and you recognize the value that different perspectives bring to meet shared objectives
• You have a valid driver’s license, must be willing to obtain forklift certification and work a weekend rotation
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package and an employer-contributed pension plan. We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we’re working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
If this opportunity speaks to you please apply with resume or attached application or contact us by September 25th, 2020
Phone: 306-862-4668 | Fax: 306-862-2171
We thank all interested applicants however only those selected to continue in our hiring process will be contacted.